All eligible applications may submit summary of 2020 GIA requestHonolulu, Hawaiʻi – Due to concerns and uncertainty caused by the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Joint Committees on Senate Ways and Means and House Finance will not be conducting a public briefing for Grant-In-Aid applications.
In order to minimize the risk to residents, the committee will be instituting a process that avoids additional travel and a large gathering of people.
In lieu of a public briefing and testimony the Joint Committee notes that:
- Applications are available to legislators and the public at https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2020/2020GIA-Apps/,
- Applicants can submit a two-page, single sided summary of their 2020 GIA request at GIATestimony@Capitol.Hawaii.Gov,
- All eligible applications will be considered regardless of whether a summary is received,
- All summaries will be provided to members of the Joint Committee for consideration,
- All summaries should be submitted by 5 p.m. Friday, March 13.
For more information, call (808) 586-6200 or (808) 586-6800.