Monday, November 30, 2009

"Between a rock and a hard place"

In Representative Isaac Choy's December issue of "Prevailing Winds," he discusses the possible solutions to closing the state budget deficit and the difference in opinions that he may have with his constituents. At the end of his message to the community, Choy writes:



As your representative, the important thing is to communicate to you how I make these choices. Since there are no right or wrong solutions to the budget deficit problems, I base my decisions on my own values. For example, furlough days. I believe that our economic and social future depend on our children. The world seems to agree with me as they chastised Hawaii for sacrificing our children's education. Many of you have told me that the priorities in my value system are not the same as yours.

Yes, our priorities may be different, but the underlying feeling about our country, state and community is the same. We all want this problem solved quickly and with the least amount of pain.

If you would like to be subscribe to the email list, contact Carole at c.hagihara@capitol.hawaii.gov, and you may also visit his newsletter page for archived issues at http://hawaiihouseblog.googlepages.com/repisaacchoy.

No comments: