Thursday, August 20, 2009

Prevailing Winds: Special Edition

Representative Isaac Choy's most recent issue of Prevailing Winds is available online. This special edition is a legislative report outlining the accomplishments of the 2009 Legislature.

The following is a message from the Manoa representative:
To this freshman legislator, the words, “sine die” (no further delays) had such a sweet sound. It was a difficult and arduous time, it was survival at best, and I believe it was the best we could have done. Of course, the state budget took center stage this session; although we did balance in the end. For a first experience, I would say, it was “trial under fire”. As the state, nation and world faces very difficult times, we faced a $2.1 billion dollar revenue shortfall at the start of our session and continue to struggle with the gloomy financial forecast. BUT, we will persevere and work to be fiscally responsible and accountable to the citizen taxpayers who entrusted us with this job. Not all the news is dismal, even with the economy in dire straits; we must look to the future, with measures that will ensure affordable healthcare, energy self-sufficiency, improved public education and protecting our environment. I hope you will take some time to familiarize yourself with what has been enacted this legislative session, as it may affect you and your family, friends and neighbors. We must be ready to move ahead as soon as our economy begins an upward swing. I would like to thank you for allowing me to work and serve you these past few months and I hope you will continue to support me so that I may work for and be an integral part of the community and state. Please feel free to contact me at anytime if I may be of service to you. Your trust in me is indeed a humbling experience.

Aloha,

Isaac W. Choy

No comments: