WHO: Representative Chris Lee, Chair, House Committee on Judiciary
Senator Karl Rhoads, Chair, Senate Committee Judiciary
WHAT: Informational Briefing on the statewide voting by mail process
WHEN: Wednesday, November 13, 2019
WHERE: Hawaii State Capitol
Honolulu, Hawaiʻi –The House and Senate Judiciary Committees will hold a joint informational briefing on the statewide voting by mail process at 2 p.m. Nov. 13 in room 016 at the State Capitol.
The purpose of this briefing is to update the status of the implementation of voting by mail pursuant to Act 136, Session Laws of Hawaii 2019. Act 136 requires that all elections in the State be conducted by mail commencing with the 2020 election cycle.
- Scott Nago, Chief Election Officer, State of Hawai‘i;
- Jon Henricks, County Clerk, County of Hawai‘i;
- Josiah Nishita, County Clerk, County of Maui;
- Jade Fountain-Tanigawa, County Clerk, County of Kaua‘i; and
- Glen Takahashi, City Clerk, City & County of Honolulu.
After the presentations and questions from the committee members, invited agencies and community organizations will be given the opportunity to comment.
The briefing will be broadcast live on ‘Olelo channel 49 and on neighbor island community television stations.