Because October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, on the next “Kukui Connection” Rep. Marilyn Lee will talk with two advocates of domestic violence awareness about the month’s planned events, and call-to-action plans and initiatives for domestic awareness.
Rep. Lee is joined by Veronika Geronimo, executive director of the Hawaii State coalition Against Domestic Violence (HSCADV), and Ana Maring, a private consultant working with the HSCADV. Geronimo has previously worked in Los Angeles with immigrant communities, and Maring has spent 16 year in the domestic violence field.
Some of the other topics to be discussed on the show include:
- Act 206, a state law that prohibits discrimination by employers against domestic violence survivors
- Domestic violence education and outreach in schools
- Community engagement initiative that will give the people the capacity to respond to domestic violence situations
- Overcapacity of domestic violence shelters
- Friday, October 19, 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 21, 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 28, 4:00 p.m.
Please visit dvamhawaii.wordpress.com or hscadv.org for more information about Domestic Awareness Month.