The recycling community clean-up and fundraiser will be held at Windward Mall tomorrow, Saturday, August 1, 2009, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those who would like to get rid of junk piling up in their home should go to the Alaloa Street parking lot.
What will be accepted?
- scrap metal, bicycles, appliance (no TVs/microwaves ovens)
- Newspaper, cardboard
- beverage containers
- cooking oil
- cellular phones
- printer cartridges
- tires (passenger tires/limit 4 per car)
- green waste
- plastic bags, plastic hangers
- athletic shoes (no metal cleats)
- used eye glasses, hearing aids
- all kind of batteries
- telephone books
- one desk top computer per household/car
- usable clothing/household items
- unwanted cars - free towing by appointment only
- Paints, hazardous fluids, microwave ovens, televisions, gas tank.