That's the message I received about Rep. Ryan Yamane when I got in this morning, only to find out that it's because the Star-Bulletin inadvertently ran a picture of former Rep. Brian Yamane together with Ryan's op-ed on fire safety. (Must happen a lot since Ryan and his wife named their two sons Daniel and Gavin.)
The Honolulu Advertiser ran an op-ed today from Rep. Yamane urging Governor Lingle to reconsider her intent to veto the Fire Safe Cigarette bill.
The two pieces were written to spark greater caution with fire hazards and to support Hawaii's firefighters as we head into the Fourth of July weekend. Hope you all have a safe and fun holiday.