Looking for somewhere to recycle those old yellow pages?
Bring recyclables to the Kaimuki High School parking lot tomorrow, Oct. 13, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the 4th Annual Community Clean-up.
Proceeds will support Kaimuki High School, Kapahulu Center and Moiliili Community Center.
Recyclables that will be accepted include:
• scrap metal, pipes, metal appliances
• car parts, bicycles, lawn mowers
• refrigerators, air conditioners
• newspaper, cardboard
• beverage containers
• tires (passenger tires only, limit ‐ 1 load per household)
• shred documents (max. 2 bank boxes)
• cooking oil
• green waste
• car batteries
• useable clothing and household items
• cellular phones & printer cartridges
• telephone books
• one computer per household/car
Can't make it? Call Steve Uyeno (527-5587) or Rene Mansho (306-1876) for info on curbside pick-up.
The effort is supported by Congressman Neil Abercrombie, Councilmember Ann Kobayashi, Sen. Brian Taniguchi, Speaker Calvin Say, Reps. Kirk Caldwell, Scott Nishimoto, Scott Saiki and Della Au Belatti.
Similar recycling events are scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 10 at McKinley High School and Saturday, Dec. 1 at Kapolei High School.
Help the environment and the community, and keep Hawaii beautiful!